XR Marketing Principles
Learn how to plan and run effective multi-channel marketing campaigns for Metaverse & XR projects and get tailored feedback from renowned subject matter experts
- Describe the key differences in marketing for Extended Reality & Metaverse over more traditional products or services.
- Know how to structure creative XR marketing ideas clearly to help communicate them effectively to collaborators and investors.
- Develop a marketing strategy to organically build a following for your XR project using search, online advertising, and social channels.
- Leverage a deeper, data-based understanding of your users to evaluate campaign performance for Virtual & Augmented Reality offerings.
This course is designed for marketing professionals who want to get a better understanding of the key marketing tools and techniques used for advertising XR solutions and/or experiences with a view to improving their digital marketing activities or those new to a marketing role in an organization that utilizes XR.
Led by industry experts who have all successfully run their own XR marketing campaigns this course is suitable for those working in B2B and B2C XR marketing roles.
You will leave this course confident in how you can best apply or adapt your marketing skills to thrive in the XR industry.
M1 - Introduction to XR Marketing Fundamentals
XR is still extremely new and unlike other media, your audiences may not be as familiar with the technology and terminology. That’s why when you are marketing your project, you need to bring your audiences along the journey with you, to engender commitment for both the technology and the story your content is telling.
In this interactive session you will be introduced to the key principles which underpin successful XR marketing campaigns through illustrative case studies. By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Describe how to run an effective XR marketing campaign.
- Know the key differences in marketing an XR product or service over more traditional offerings.
- Get your audience to understand and feel comfortable with your project.
M2 - XR Imagery & Terminology
In this section module you will be identifying key indicators of an effective XR social media marketing campaign and relating them to your own product or service. A key emphasis of this module will be on what to avoid when marketing for XR on social media. By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Know how to optimise your XR campaigns increase engagement.
- Reach a wider audience through leveraging key influencers in our sector.
- Describe which social channels are most effective for XR marketing campaigns.
M3 - Audience Education & XR Content Marketing
Audience education is crucial in XR marketing, both in a B2B and B2C context. This is partly because the technology is so new and that there are quite a few misconceptions about its uses. This module will introduce the challenges associated with selling XR to people who may not yet have experienced it and how to overcome them. By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Know what XR audiences look like and what they are looking for.
- Create content that engages and educates.
- Know what communities and events to leverage to best reach potential customers.
M4 - The Challenges of Technological Advancement & Evaluating Campaigns
Analytics and data can provide a wealth of information when it comes to understanding your users. For products or services that make use of XR technology, it can often be confusing and complex to get the right data. This module will explore how you can utilise analytics and data specifically made for XR to help meet your objectives. By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Turn raw digital data into actionable insights.
- Know the tools and software needed to monitor data.
- Understand SEM data and segmentation techniques.
- Develop an effective approach for evaluating an XR campaign’s performance.
The Academy is overseen by:
In addition to the wider work we do at AIXR, our educational content is reviewed and overseen by some of the very best in the industry. As an organisation dedicated to furthering immersive technology have the support and backing to best support your professional development.
Non AIXR Member