Metaverse is a new and growing industry, and as such, there is a need to upskill and train employees effectively in order to make the most of this emerging technology.
This space is still a new industry, and as such, there is a need for employees who are cross-skilled from other industries. Backgrounds in traditional industries such as marketing, sales, customer service, human resources contribute to 70% of an employees day to day knowledge and workload.
However it’s the remaining 30% of metaverse based skills that businesses need to train to best take advantage of the technology.
These skills may be in:
- Web3 technology such as Blockchain
- Virtual & Augmented Reality
- Real Time Simulation & Rendering
There are a few key things that businesses should keep in mind when training their employees for this technology:
The difference between traditional training and metaverse training
In the traditional world, employees are used to being spoon-fed information by lectures or textbooks.Within this industry, employees will be expected to take a more proactive role in their learning, by exploring and experimenting with real tools.
The importance of access to hardware
One of the main barriers to entry for many people when it comes to understanding this space is access to hardware. Businesses should consider giving their employees take home access to high-end VR headsets and computers in order to allow them to fully immerse themselves in the experience.
It is important to onboard employees effectively in order to ensure that they are able to make the most of their time. This includes providing them with an avatar that represents them accurately, as well as teaching them how to navigate and interact within virtual spaces.
Implementing a training program
A structured training program will help employees feel more comfortable using metaverse based technologies and will ensure that they are able to gain the skills they need in order to be productive. This could include both formal classroom sessions as well as opportunities for hands-on learning within the virtual environment.
Regular team meetings and socials using the technology
If you expect your employees to talk about or sell any metaverse technology, the more comfortable they become with using the technology the more comfortable they will be with talking about it. Frequent
Events and advisory boards
Connecting with other businesses and organisations who are also utilising the metaverse is a great way to stay up-to-date with best practices and learn from others who are further along in their journey. Hosting events or joining advisory boards can help achieve this.
Ongoing retention and perks
Just like any other employee, those working with immersive technology and web3 need ongoing support and motivation in order to stay engaged with their work. Businesses should consider offering perks such as annual training and event budgets, free hardware and career development tools.
There are now a number of ondemand training providers which can offer employees the chance to learn about the metaverse at their own pace. This can be a great solution for businesses who don’t have the time or resources to invest in a formal training program.
Starting your program:
- Define the goals of your training program: What do you want your employees to get out of it? What skills do you want them to gain?
- Find the right resources and tools: There are a number of different VR & Web3 platforms and software applications available, so it is important to choose the ones that will best suit your needs.
- Create a structured plan: A well-structured plan will ensure that employees are able to gain the skills they need in an efficient and effective manner.
- Implement ongoing support and feedback: Employees will need ongoing support in order to make the most of their time in the metaverse. This could include regular check-ins with managers or access to a help desk for any technical issues.
- Evaluate and adjust as needed: As your employees gain more experience with the metaverse, you may need to make adjustments to your program in order to ensure that it is still meeting their needs.
By providing employees with the training they need, businesses can ensure that they are able to take full advantage of the metaverse and its many benefits.
Pre-made content and training plans
As an AIXR member you have access to a selection of pre-made training and lesson plans that have been developed by our education team and tested with real members and academy staff. Contact your membership officer to find out more information.